Saturday 4 August 2012

Ireland so far



So far the summer has been jam packed. Between windsurfing, surfing, working in the local bar, and learning the ropes of living with three other guys, I’ve been learning something new each week.
There have been a few great windsurfing sessions at Three Peaks, Dumps, and Gowlane, and I hope there will be even more now that I have my new 75l Quatro Rhythm, which I bought off Rob Jones. I’m also looking forward to September and October, as that is when the windsurfing season here kicks off. In under a year of sailing, Conor has managed to start doing forwards, and backies are next for him.
I’ve had some good surfing sessions too. The waves haven’t been great, but I try to make the most of it when the right conditions have been there. There have been a few hiccups, like getting washed over the reef and breaking some boards, but nothing some sticky tape won’t solve.
Living with three other guys, especially sharing a room with two of them, has proven to be both hilarious and steep learning curve. I learned how to work our washing machine, after four weeks of accidentally tumble drying my clothes, and I have picked up some pretty impressive cookery skills. Turns out heating baked beans in a saucepan works better than doing it in the microwave. The entire downstairs of the house it littered with windsurfing kit, surfing gear, and wetsuits, which makes the living area a bit of a minefield.
In the coming months, I hope to enter some Irish events, and keep windsurfing and surfing as much as I can.










        

No comments:

Post a Comment